NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The "ORGANIC GARDENING WINTER COMFORT FOODS RECIPE CONTEST (the "Contest") starts at 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on January 4, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on April 30, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. The Contest is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 49 United States and District of Columbia, and Canada, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ARIZONA, GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, PROVINCE OF QUEBEC AND ALL OTHER COUNTRIES, TERRITORIES OR POSSESSIONS, who are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in his/her state, province, or territory of residence at the time of entry. Canadian residents, to win, must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered by mail. Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the Contest, performed services for Sponsors, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Mechanically altered or reproduced Entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Contest or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, send an e-mail to COMFORTFOODSRECIPECONTEST@RODALE.COM and state within the body of the e-mail, your first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth, complete recipe information including recipe title, complete list of ingredients utilizing one product from the product line of the Sponsor Products (defined below), and complete instructions for cooking the recipe (the "Entry Material"). Entries must include a .jpg photo of the food item only. Recipe submissions need not be limited to holiday recipes. The Sponsor Product lines: Wild Planet, Wholesome Sweeteners, Eden Foods, Frontier Bulk, Carlson Labs, Kitchen Basics, Lifeway and Solgar. Then send your e-mail entry and Entry Material to the e-mail address stated above (the "Entry" or "Entries")." ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET, April 30, 2011. Limit one entry per person. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Web Site will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All Entry Material/Entries you submit must be original to entrant alone, not copied or plagiarized, and not created in collaboration with anyone, and cannot have been submitted to or published by any other publication, and you must own all copyrights in the Entry Material/Entry, have full rights and authority to grant Rodale Inc. the rights, title, interests and copyrights to use the Entry Material/Entry, as provided in the Official Rules, and have acquired any necessary releases with respect to the Entry Material/Entry. Furthermore, Entry Material/Entry cannot contain the image or likeness of or reference in any identifiable way (for example, by first and last name, or by any part of a name that is identifiable) any person other than the entrant, including, but not limited to, any depictions of celebrities, unless a signed release from such person(s) is submitted to Sponsors along with the Entry Material/Entry. Entry Material/Entry cannot describe, in any identifiable way, any copyrights, trademarks/tradenames, logos, or similar brand identifying marks, third party artistic works, or describe, depict or contain any illegal, dangerous or unsafe activity, or be otherwise obscene or inappropriate.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA; WINNER SELECTION: The winner of the Contest will be determined on or about June 30, 2011. The editors of Organic Gardening magazine and staff of the Rodale Test Kitchen shall select the grand prize, 1st prize and 2nd prize winners of the Contest based on originality, taste, ease of preparation, presentation, most original recipe submission and use of at least one of the Sponsor Products. One dinner, one side dish and one dessert recipe will be selected as winners. Recipes must be original and previously unpublished elsewhere.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential grand prize, first prize and second prize winner(s) will be notified by e-mail using the information provided on his/her Entry, on or about July 15, 2011. Sponsors will then send to potential winner(s) by e-mail, at the e-mail address on his/her Entry, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsors require (the "Affidavit"). In order to redeem his/her prize, potential winner(s) shall sign, have notarized, and return to Sponsors the Affidavit within fourteen (14) days from the date Sponsors sent the Affidavit. Any guest (his/her parent/legal guardian if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) shall sign, have notarized and return to Sponsors a Liability Release, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsors require within fourteen (14) days after receipt by the potential winner(s). In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner's prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Contest and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsors' sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of Sponsors, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant's e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address changes after he/she enters the Contest, it is the entrant's sole responsibility to notify Sponsors by postal mailing notice to the address stated below to be received before the end of the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: The approximate retail value (the "ARV") of the grand prize is $550 and consists of a Vita-Mix 5200 Classic White Base, a 64 oz. Wet Blade container with 2-Part Lid, a tamper for easier processing, the Getting Started Guide to Basic Recipes, a DVD Cooking Class and the new Rodale Whole Foods Recipes cookbook. The grand prize will be awarded to one (1) winner. The approximate retail value of the second prize is $475 and consists of a $225 gift card for cooking classes or products from Sur la Table, a collection of 5 Rodale cookbooks and a supply of food products from the recipe contest sponsors. The second prize will be awarded to one (1) winner. The approximate retail value of the third prize is $350 and consists of a $100 gift card for cooking classes or products from Sur la Table, the new Rodale Whole Foods Recipes cookbook and a supply of food products from the recipe contest sponsors. The third prize will be awarded to one (1) winner. The total ARV of all prizes awarded is $1,375. There is a total of 3 prize(s) to be awarded to 3 winner(s). Winners will not receive any additional prize, credit or monetary equivalent for the difference in value between the actual retail value and the ARV of the prizes. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be sent an IRS Federal 1099-MISC tax form for the retail value of any prize at or above $600. No transfer, refund, substitution, or replacement of prizes permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 1 year of receipt of valid and executed winners' affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries/Entry Materials that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries/Entry Materials, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsors' reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any Web sites promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or select winner(s) to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted on organicgardening.com/comfortfoodsrules
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Contest, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of the prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsors have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the County of Lehigh, Pennsylvania. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
9. LIST OF WINNERS; FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES/CONTESTS: A winners' list will be posted on the Web Site on or about August 1, 2011 or to receive a list of the winners after August 1, 2011 by mail send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed (VT state residents only may omit return postage), to: Winter Comfort Foods Recipe Contest, Rodale Inc., 400 South 10th Street, Emmaus, PA 18098 Attn: Organic Gardening Marketing Department, or by e-mail send an e-mail to email@example.com and in the body of the e-mail type: Please e-mail me the winner's list for the "Organic Gardening Winter Comfort Foods Recipe Contest."
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsors of the Contest is Rodale Inc., 33 East Minor Street, Emmaus, PA 18098-0099.