1. Chop one half of onion to measure 1/4 cup and slice remaining half.
2. Combine chopped onion, chicken, chopped cilantro, cumin, and 4 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce. Form into 6 equal (3" diameter) patties (mixture will be very wet).
3. Separate pitas and cut each half with 3" round cookie cutter to make 12 circles.
4. Heat lightly oiled grill to medium heat. Grill burgers 4 minutes, flip, and top with cheese. Grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes longer.
5. Serve each burger between pita rounds with sliced onion, cilantro sprigs, and 1 teaspoon of the remaining sauce.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 210.3 cal
Fat 7.8 g
Saturated fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 69.1 mg
Sodium 386.3 mg
Carbohydrates 19.5 g
Total sugars 5.3 g
Dietary fiber 2.1 g
Protein 16.4 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: Quentin Bacon