Prep: 10 min
Cook: 35 min
Total: 45 min
8 ounces organic whole wheat rotini
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/2 pound butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
Pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
1 tablespoon bread crumbs
1. Prepare rotini according to package directions.
2. In medium saucepan, simmer milk with squash until combined.
3. Remove from heat. Add cheddar cheese, salt, dry mustard, and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
4. Pour drained pasta into 8-inch square baking dish or deep-dish cast iron skillet, stir in cheese mixture, and top with Parmesan and bread crumbs.
5. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.