Knock-Your-Socks-Off Pumpkin Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. On a floured surface, roll the Ginger Pastry into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the pastry to 1 inch beyond the pie plate. Fold the edges under the crust. Crimp decoratively, forming a high-standing crust (about 1/2 inch above the rim of the dish). Freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Line the crust with foil and then fill with pie weights (dried beans work well). Bake 10 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and bake another 10 minutes, or until the crust is set and light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, 11/3 cups heavy whipping cream, sugar, eggs, honey, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and salt until thoroughly combined. Pour into the prebaked piecrust.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes or until the filling begins to set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes to set slightly. Meanwhile, make the Streusel Topping. Sprinkle the topping over the pie. Return the pie to the hot oven. Bake for 10 to 20 minutes more or until the pie is set and the streusel is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Continue reading for the Ginger Pastry & the Streusel Topping