Prep: 10 min
Cook: 1 hr 0 min
Total: 1 hr 10 min
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat 9" x 9" baking pan with organic cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Stir in crystallized ginger.
3. Whisk eggs, egg white, oil, molasses, and sugar in medium bowl.
4. Whisk in pumpkin. Fold into dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until gingerbread starts to pull away from pan sides and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on rack (may also be served warm).
7. Garnish with sliced crystallized ginger if desired.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 350.5 cal
Fat 15.8 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 283.8 mg
Carbohydrates 49 g
Total Sugars 27.2 g
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
Protein 4.9 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.