Prep: 15 min
Cook: 17 min
Total: 32 min
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms and discard. Coarsely chop three-quarters of mushroom caps and put in food processor. Quarter remaining mushroom caps and set aside.
3. Add lentils, bread crumbs, egg, celery, thyme, mustard, 1/2 cup of the onion, and 2 ounces of the cheese to food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
4. Form into 4 patties (3" diameter).
5. Put cornmeal on plate and gently coat patties on all sides (patties will be very delicate).
6. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
7. Add reserved mushrooms and remaining 1/2 cup onion and cook until onion is golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Remove from pan. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan and cook patties, turning once, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
9. Transfer to baking sheet, top with remaining 2 ounces cheese, and bake until heated through, about 4 minutes.
10. Serve burgers on buns and top with mushroom mixture, peppers, and watercress.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 385.6 cal
Fat 13.4 g
Saturated Fat 5.5 g
Cholesterol 65.9 mg
Sodium 573.7 mg
Carbohydrates 50.8 g
Total Sugars 7.9 g
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
Protein 18.7 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.