Sugar snap peas are in season now and ready to enjoy in so many ways. Here are 5 delicious, easy ideas:
1. In the raw with a dip of 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup crumbled feta, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns.
2. In succotash, sauté with freshly cut corn kernels (scrape the milk from the cob to make it creamy), scallions, and cherry tomatoes.
3. Blanched and tossed with buttered egg noodles, parsley, and garlic.
4. Roasted with olive oil and sea salt beneath the broiler until crisp-tender and lightly browned on the edges; drizzle with a few drops of toasted sesame oil before serving.
5. Tossed warm with fresh pesto and toasted pine nuts.
HINT: Before you eat them, snap off the stem and remove the stringy spines on both sides of the pod.