Prep: 55 min
Cook: 41 min
Total: 1 hr 36 min
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. To prepare biscuits: In medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and salt, and mix well. Cut butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture. Using fingertips, work butter into flour until it has consistency of cornmeal.
3. In small bowl, combine milk and sweet potato and mix well with fork. Add to flour mixture and stir quickly just until it forms a ball. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead 14 times. Do not overwork or dough will become tough.
4. Pat dough out until it is 1/2" thick. Cut into rounds with biscuit cutter. Gather scraps, pat out, and cut again until all dough is used. Place on cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms of biscuits are golden brown.
5. To prepare filling: Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes and cook until hard vegetables soften, about 10 minutes. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 3 minutes. Add bay leaf, milk, and broth and cook until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
6. Stir in tarragon and parsley, season with salt and pepper, and cook 5 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Remove and discard bay leaf.
7. To serve, place a bottom half of biscuit in each of 4 bowls, add potpie filling, and cap with biscuit tops.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 442.1 cal
Fat 13.7 g
Saturated fat 8.1 g
Cholesterol 83.5 mg
Sodium 561.7 mg
Carbohydrates 49.1 g
Total sugars 8 g
Dietary fiber 3.9 g
Protein 28.7 g
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.