Aged Cheddar cheese is one of the glories of the traditional English breakfast table, often paired with hot-and-sweet fruit chutney. Here, these classic flavors get your day going with egg in a portable muffin sandwich.
Prep: 2 min
Cook: 4 min
Total: 6 min
1. Open the muffin and place, split sides up, on a 6"-long piece of aluminum foil.
2. Spread both sides with the chutney.
3. Top with the egg and cheese.
4. Broil 6" from the heat source for about 4 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.
5. Fold the foil to bring the halves together into a sandwich.
To get a head start the night before, slice the egg and refrigerate it in a zipper-lock bag. Split the muffin and wrap it in the aluminum foil.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 459 cal
Fat 25.4 g
Saturated fat 13.7 g
Cholesterol 271 mg
Sodium 741.1 mg
Carbohydrates 33.3 g
Total sugars 11 g
Dietary fiber 4.9 g
Protein 26.2 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.