Prep: 5 min
Cook: 20 min
Total: 30 min
1. Slice the shallots and saute them in oil.
2. Add the mustard seeds and stir over low heat for 30 seconds.
3. Add enough beer to barely cover the seeds, and simmer until the seeds become tender.
4. Let the mixture cool, and then puree it in a blender.
5. Add more beer as necessary to adjust the consistency.
Keeps in the fridge for up to 6 months.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 78.9 cal
Fat 4 g
Saturated fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.4 mg
Carbohydrates 6.5 g
Total sugars 1.1 g
Dietary fiber 1.9 g
Protein 3.6 g
For more great recipes, check out the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.