Photo: N/A Tad Ware & Company
A clafouti is made with fresh fruit topped by a pastry batter. Serve as a dessert or as a fancy feature at a brunch.
Total: 1hr 22min
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 9" deep-dish pie plate or quiche pan with the butter, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the granulated sugar.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, ginger, and salt until well-mixed.
3. Place half of the batter into the prepared pie plate.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the peaches and 2 tablespoons of the confectioners' sugar. Arrange the peaches in a pattern over the batter. Top with the remaining batter. Bake for 50 minutes, or until the clafouti is puffed, browned, and firm. Cool on a rack for at least 20 minutes.
5. To serve, sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 183.3 cal
Fat 3.9 g
Saturated Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 84.6 mg
Sodium 79.7 mg
Carbohydrates 32.3 g
Total Sugars 22 g
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
Protein 5.3 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.